Monday, October 03, 2005

Skinned Knees

My daughter (monkey-girl) came home from Kindergarten today with a nasty scraped knee. I didn't realize how bad the scrape was until I changed her bandage tonight before bed. I mean, it was a big bandage covering two other bandages, but I figured they just put extra on to make her happy....right?

Wrong! She's got one huge scrape about two inches by one inch and another about the size of a dime! Poor kid. She hardly mentioned it to me when I picked her up, just said, "I got knocked down and skinned my knee, Mommy. One big scrape and one little scrape beside it."

I should have known she meant it.

So, now she has a Lilo & Stitch bandage over the big one and a Dora bandage on the small one. She's good at handling pain. I was using alcohol to take of the baby oil I used to take off the elastoplast yucky bandage and I accidentally got some alcohol in one of the scrapes. She wimpered a bit, but handled it really well. I know how much alcohol hurts....she's a real trooper.

This is her second scraped knee since school started. (The first time, it was both knees, but they were pretty shallow.)

The problem is that she isn't used to playing with that many kids in an enclosed area that has paved areas, and she wears knee socks with her uniform, so her little knees are pretty unprotected....maybe I can convince her that tights might be better....

Nah. I don't think so.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Poor, little thing. I hope she is better now.

Lisa

TKHousewife said...

The injuries have skabbed over nicely and don't even look that bad anymore. She heals quickly. She's at the point now where she has mostly forgotten about them. Thanks for your concern. :)

TKHousewife said...

I can't believe I spelled scabbed wrong!