Friday, October 07, 2005

Curtis

March 15, 1976 - October 7, 2004

I think of you when I...

...eat stuffing. I remember how much you loved stuffing and how you would pile the stuffing on your plate until it was half full.

...see a Garfield comic, picture or stuffie. I remember you reading the Garfield comic books and laughing out loud.

...hear "I Wish You a Merry Christmas". In my mind I hear, "I Wish You a Merry Chest-Wig". You thought Ren and Stimpy were so funny. You loved to quote them.

...have pickled herring or smoked mussels. I like them too.

...see someone struggling with life. I wish I could have helped you.

Rest now in peace.

See you in heaven when I get there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! you're own "blog" I'm just coming to grips with the term! I think it stands for "web log". Enuff. Was touched by your comments on Curtis. I can still see him comung down the hall from our bathroom, a grin on his face (is there any otherplace you can have a grin? or smile?) and he made this profound statement; "You know, grampa, I was born at a very young age!" Love, grampa g.

Anonymous said...

Thank you TK, for those wonderful memories of Curtis. Someday I'll be able to read them without crying. I keep coming back here, and reading it again. I look forward to laughing more about his antics, but for now...I miss him so much it hurts.