Monday, October 03, 2005

It's a guy thing...

I was in the craft store looking at yarn to make monkey-boy (my 3 year old son) a sweater. He was with me and I thought it would be a great time for him to pick out the colour(s) he wanted.

I suggested, "How about this nice blue for a sweater?"
"Nope."
"Maybe this nice green?"
"Nope."
"How about this brown?"
"Nope."
"Do you like this orange?" (He LOVES orange.)
"Nope."

After this continued for a while, I just gave up and we went home.

Later, I went to the store by myself and bought the yarn I had originally planned to use (Bernat Harmony in Velvet Green and Red Heart Sport in Polo). When I started working on the sweater and told him it was for him, he said with a big grin, "Wow! Tanks Mum!"

...I guess when he was saying, "Nope." what he meant was, "I don't want to decide".

I'll bet that applies to all ages...it's a guy thing.

No comments: