Monday, August 07, 2006

Still here.....and craft update

Yeah, no motivation....whatever. That's why I haven't posted for so long.

Anyways, I do have stuff to blog about. I do. Really.

But my pictures are still on the camera. In the other room. And there's that lack of motivation thing. (grin)

I have pictures of lilies and sunflowers in my yard, and some pretty trees from a walk in Tynehead Park near where we live.

Craft stuff:
I've managed to complete the crochet part of the cardigan for monkey-girl! Just over month after my goal, but I'm okay with that. I was kind of sick of that project for a while after ripping the whole thing out and instead of working on it, I knit a winter hat for TKHubband. And then I bought some yarn from KnitPicks (which I am VERY happy with) and the new Options Needles set (which I also am very happy with) and have started a cute summer wrap top from the Garnstudio/DROPS website (so very cool how many free patterns they have!) with my KnitPicks Shine Worsted in Green Apple and Wave. It's so soft and slides super on my new needles! I've also started a pair of socks for me with the Parade yarn in Daffodil (sale!). I love that it's sport weight as it's going so quickly! Also, the colours are quite a bit prettier in person than on a computer screen. I have the "Learn to Knit Socks" book from the American School of Needlework and I'm just making the "Basic Socks" this time. All the patterns in this book use sport weight yarn, so I'd like to find more sport weight wool/nylon to make some of the other socks in it. Of course, my collection of sock yarn (fingering) has grown, so I should just use some of that up before I buy more.

So, I will update this with pictures (hopefully soon) so things won't be quite so boring around here!

No comments: