Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A walk in the park

We went for a lovely walk at Tynehead Park. The kids remember going last summer (I don't know why I don't take them more often.) and were very happy to walk along the path and look at the plants and wildlife. We also found some huckleberries which are my favorite berry, perhaps more for the memories than for their own merits.

We live in the Pacific Northwest in Canada, and our climate is Pacific Coast Rainforest. As expected, that means we get lots of rain. Even in the dryest part of the summer (ie. now), it is very green.

Unfortunately I didn't notice that the camera focussed on the trunk, not the canopy, but I like this picture anyways.
This one just shows the 'greeness' so well. The kind of light you get under a canopy of leaves is so neat. It makes you feel cool, even on a warm day.

No comments: