Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Flowers and stuff...

I've been trying to take pictures of my yard as the flowers have been coming out, but I keep not posting them. So, here's a recap of the flowers in July.



The first summer blooming Anemone in July. There were lots more after this, but I forgot to take pictures, and then it got hot and dry and now they look a bit shrivelled....maybe I should have watered them more.


The first lily from my sister-in-law to open. Here it is just starting to open. It was such a lovely creamy colour with lots of fragrance.

Here is one of my 'fancy' sunflowers. I planted two different batches of mixed colour ornamental sunflowers and some old seed of the giant plain kind. I got quite a few different flower types out of that and I think I'll expand the garden a bit next year. I didn't fertilize or water as much as I should have, so they didn't get as big or as tall as they might have.

Here is one of the roses in my 'rose garden'. I love the contrast of the pink rose against the old gray fence behind it. I worked a lot more in this garden than I have in other years. My reward is the roses are doing really well and giving me many beautiful blooms.

This is my hydrangea. Usually it is covered in blue, but this year it was covered in Morning Glory. The nasty, invasive, suffocating weed kind. I've ripped out what I could and I'll have to go in and do it again soon. I really, really, really don't like it. My hydrangea's okay, though.

No comments: