Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Progress on my wrap sweater

This is the sweater I mentioned here and here. Well, I'm almost up to the armhole shaping of the back. (I'm not a very fast knitter, and it's been a little busy, lately...)

I'm using up some of my stash yarn (Yay me!) that I bought from a clearance bin. It's Red Heart Casual Cot'n Blend in Spice. I only have 6 skeins, but I think I'll have enough. I'm over two thirds finished the back and I'm almost finished the first skein, so that leaves almost 5 skeins for the two fronts, the sleeves and the ties.

I really like the way it's knitting up. It's very similar in appearance to the picture in the magazine (which uses much nicer yarn) with more orange tones instead of pinks. This yarn should be quite easy-care (I do have kids after all....everything must be washable!) Things are moving along nicely, and I'm quite excited that I'll finish the back soon and I'll be able to start on the fronts!

No comments: