Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Many blessings this Christmas

Yes, I am truly blessed.

We've enjoyed much time with TKHubband's family this Christmas. Since TKHubbands parents and brother moved here this year, we didn't have to travel to see them (and they didn't have to travel to see us). (Of course, Christmas with my family is yet to come, but that just spreads things out nicely.)

It was fairly hectic, with the Christmas Eve service and the Christmas Day service, but everything went really smoothly and we had a yummy turkey dinner after church (courtesy of my mom-in-law) and leftovers on Boxing Day.

The kids did really well even with all the excitement...well, okay, they haven't been going to sleep as easily as normal, but really, they aren't terrible. I'm just tired (I think I'm fighting to not get a cold).

Yesterday, we went ice-skating with some friends. That probably deserves it's own post.

Tonight, we got together with some other friends and had turkey dinner again (yum yum yum), and more presents for the kiddos. They got to play with their friends too and it was such a nice time.

I got spoiled by TKHubband....he remembered things I wanted and got them for me! ;)
This one, I specifically asked for because I thought it was something I would use, and oh, it's so cool and fun and it works! He also got me a mantle clock with a Westminster chime...I've wanted one for quite a while. (Most of our friends think it's the doorbell, even though we've always had a 'ding-dong' doorbell.) Now, I just need to put the cuckoo clock back up for a cacophony every hour...just kidding! He also got me a calendar with secret garden pictures, and a bunch of yummy chocolates. Before Christmas, he got me a KitchenAid stand mixer! Woohoo! They had a really good deal, so he picked it up for me (got an extra 10% off!) and gave it to me early, so I could do my Christmas baking with it. I've also used it for mixing the meat mixture for meatballs. It works just as well, and maybe even a little better, than I expected.

Oof, long post....so that's it for now...lots of blessings this year.

No comments: