Saturday, January 21, 2006

Evening out

Last night I went to a women's dessert night at our church about Becoming Alive Inside. We had an interior designer talk about basic design principles (which I was happy to find I knew most of them) and then we had a talk from Debbie Fortnum. What a wonderful woman. She talked of how many (most?) women are dead inside (spiritually), and what we haven't realized is that we have lost hope. We need to connect or reconnect to God, who is the source of hope. (She put it much better than me.)

Of course, I had to buy a couple of her music CDs...she wrote a song based on Jeremiah 29:11 which happens to be my favorite verse. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I had heard this song on our 'local' Christian radio station but had never realized she lived here in the Lower Mainland.

She also has talks on CD available from her website and check out her biography.

No comments: