Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Comic Timing

Monkey-boy is developing quite the sense of humour.

Example #1
There is a scene in Ice Age 2 where the sloth sings, "Hey! Hey! What's that sound, all of the mammoths are in the ground", then Manny tells the sloth he's going to sit on him until he's dead (or something like that). The sloth then says, "Somebody doesn't appreciate the classics." After watching the movie, monkey-girl repeatedly quoted the scene. Repeatedly. Over and over. It was making me crazy. I asked her to stop. She kept going. I asked her again. She kept going. I told her to stop. (I'm very patient.) She tried, but just couldn't. She kept going. I (kind of) lost it. I demanded she stop or suffer some dire consequence. She stopped.
Monkey-boy said in a quiet voice, "Somebody doesn't appreciate the classics."



Example #2
After trying to explain rust to the kids, I asked them "Does that make sense?"
They responded, "No."
Then monkey-boy says, "It doesn't make dollars either."


He's 5.

No comments: